Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Duathalete? Runner of duathlons? whatever...

I'm officially a duathlete. I don't know how to spell that, or if it's even a word.

I ran a duathlon with Helen on Sunday morning. 3.5km run, 10km bike, 1.5km run. I set a goal for myself - I wanted to be in the top 1/4. In the back of my head, I wanted to be in the top 100 to cross the finish line, but I wasn't sure if that was possible without having trained more than going to one spin class and jogging a week ahead of time - so I set a more realistic goal, and I totally did it. My result? I was in the top 1/5! YAY! I was #183 to cross the finish line out of about 982.

REAL Duathlon website

I did it, and I'll probably do it again - maybe even a triathlon. I need to get a bike, and I need to get out of the house a bit more often. Today was a "I'm not leaving the house" day. Hopefully I don't have too many more of those.

Ambury Regional Park is where we ran the thing. It was really nice. Afterwards, Travis and I watched some sheep shearing and pet a huge 22 year old clydesdale horse. For a girl who doesn't like horses, I could have that horse as a pet. :)

Like always, pics to come...

No comments: