Friday, April 25, 2008

Sonic Adventure

K. This has nothing to do with New Zealand, Auckland, or anything about my time over here so far - except for that today I downloaded a lot of awesome music.

I downloaded some new bands and some not new bands. I was inspired by the music from the jPod soundtrack. I now have Fink, Cinematic Orchestra on my iPod, and I added to my collection of Bonobo and Chromeo.

I also downloaded the new Portishead, The Black Keys, and The Raconteurs.

My head is exploding as we speak. I've been wanting to have a nap for the past 5 hours, ever since I got home from the ANZAC Day ceremony at the Auckland Museum. I thought being in bed would help me sleep. Not really. And listening to awesome music isn't helping me sleep because I get WAY too excited. I'm thinking of just putting it on my iPod and going out for a really long walk. But I'd like to nap first. Sigh.

I've also made a 10-hour long playlist for Mark's party tomorrow. It consists mostly of The Corb Lund Band, Elliott Brood, Neko Case, The Sadies, and all the usual suspects (Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson).

No comments: