Thursday, August 21, 2008

Will I Ever Have a Home?




I'd actually like people to comment on this post because I'd like to hear peoples' thoughts on this matter.

When does a house become a home? When do YOU feel comfortable in new surroundings? Do you put up pictures and artwork to make somewhere feel more homey?

How about feeling settled in a new city... when do you feel like you're a part of the scene?

I've been asking myself this question a lot over the past few months. This morning I realized that I haven't felt settled since highschool. I've felt "at home" in a few places, like when I moved in with mom and dad after university, but I didn't feel settled at all.

I think I'm afraid of settling in somewhere in the event that I will have to move. I know that I will be moving again, therefore I don't want to accumulate the regular "stuff" that people accumulate when they've found a home. In the past 10 years I have moved 13 times. That isn't a very good record, so I can understand feeling slightly unsettled.

'What should I do to feel more settled in my surroundings?

No comments: